Ford Insurance Calculator:

Ford stops making ads for sedans

Written by admin. Posted in Ford News

Published on September 05, 2018 with No Comments

Ford has cut all nationwide, or Tier 1, marketing for the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion and Taurus and also is dialing back regional spending in certain markets — even though the Fusion will remain in showrooms for at least the next two years. Mark LaNeve, Ford’s vice president of U.S. marketing, sales and service, said the automaker plans to redeploy that money on vehicles such as the Mustang, EcoSport and a slew of next-generation utilities coming by the end of the decade.

In April, Ford revealed plans to end sales of all sedans in North America as it transitions to a crossover– and SUV

-heavy lineup. The automaker had said it would import a wagon version of the Focus to the U.S. from China but nixed that plan last week because of the Trump administration’s escalating trade war, leaving the Mustang as its lone car nameplate within a few years.

The company’s August sales results suggest it’s the right move, executives say. The Ford brand’s car sales dropped 21 percent last month, while pickup and van sales rose 5.9 percent and utility-vehicle sales jumped 20 percent. Mustang sales jumped 35 percent as it continues to dominate the pony-car segment.

While Ford already has stopped building the North American version of the Focus and will end production of the Fiesta and Taurus

by the middle of next year, the Fusion faces a much slower death.

Executives have said only that the Fusion will stick around for at least a couple more years. Bloomberg has reported that the company is developing a sport wagon version to compete with brands such as Subaru, starting in the early 2020s.

Source: Automotive News

Share This Article

Tagged: , , , , ,

About admin

Browse Archived Articles by admin

Ford Insurance Calculator:

No Comments

There are currently no comments on Ford stops making ads for sedans. Perhaps you would like to add one of your own?

Leave a Comment